Born in Salzburg, Austria in 1927. After learning the woodwork process, production of furniture and architecture at school in Munich, moved to Milan in 1953 and worked at Gio Ponti’s office. Then established his own office in 1960, worked in collaboration with Sergio Asti, Franco Albini, BBPR. Coat hook presented at Kartell in 1975 was selected as a permanent collection of MoMA. And Isis chair presented at Kartell won the Chair of the year at international furniture competition in 1997. He designs actively in many fields.